- me: I should go shower now
- (five minutes later)
- (another five minutes later)
- (yet another five minutes later)
- (more five minute intervals)
- someone: (goes into the bathroom)
- me: wow fuck you I was JUST about to go take a shower
After getting cut by the St. Louis Rams, Michael Sam seems to have missed his chance at joining another NFL team.
When Sam was let go on Saturday, other teams had 24 hours to sign him. None of them did. ESPN says now Sam must focus on making a practice squad, and even if he does, it isn’t guaranteed that the Rams or another team will sign him.
Sam reacted to Saturday’s news in a statement shared on social media, seeming hopeful about eventually making a team.
"The most worthwhile things in life rarely come easy, this is a lesson I’ve always known," he said. "The journey continues."
Whether Sam deserved a spot on the Rams or another NFL team is hotly debated. Outsports described the Rams’ decision as solely based on which positions were available but said homophobia did “play a role” in his being passed over by the other 31 teams.
"Sam has proven he can play in the NFL," wrote the site’s co-founders, Jim Buzinski and Cyd Zeigler, in a joint editorial. “Only a couple other players have more sacks this preseason than his three. In a league that places a high value on pass rushers, and continues to develop rules that help passing offenses, guys like Sam are coveted. Sacks aside, he’s played well or very well in each of his three preseason games.”
This is unacceptable.
*steps over the border into california*
*red hot chili peppers plays*
- is overweight. not “a little heavy” or “curvy in all the right places”, she is overweight and she owns it.
- is gay, and from her first public exposure has been open about this
- has bipolar disorder
- is one of the coolest lyricists right now
- has this song which is way more feel good than “all about the bass” or “shake it off”
- is super cute
- mary lambert